So, I built the new ones that my mom generously bought. (Thanks, Momma!)
Here's what the hardware alone looked like for the dresser. Missing from this were 22 cam bolts and a few other pieces. I needed to organize them because I kept getting poked by the screws in the bag. Ouch.
And, after 3 3/4 hours, this is Noah's (and Drew's) new dresser!
This is the hardware for the bunk beds. Note how it doesn't even all fit in the shoebox lid.
Noah was a big help to me (encouraging me to finish if nothing else) and even helped with some parts. I don't think I could have put it together by myself without him holding one of the footboards. :) He was SO excited.
He wanted Drew to share in his joy. And, yes, Drew was still in his pajamas. I was building bunk beds. There was no time for changing out of pajamas until almost lunch time! =P
This video truly shows two of my favorite things about Noah: his enthusiasm AND his love for Drew.
After all of the furniture construction and room rearranging, Noah and Drew are sharing a room. They have adjusted very well so far; it's been almost two weeks. Our extra bedroom is now the playroom/guest room. It's great because Noah can play with his LEGOs in there during Drew's nap, and then it's easy to leave it out for the day (and close the door) or just put them away, too.
We also went to Market Square's Farmers' Market on a Saturday morning. We really enjoyed it. We bought some fresh cookies from a bakery, some corn on the cob, iced coffee for Steve, and a mint chocolate chip ice cream cone for Noah. The thing about Noah's ice cream cone is that it was REAL mint chip. They took mint leaves, mushed them up, and put it in homemade ice cream along with chips of chocolate. I took a taste and, expecting the usual processed flavor, puckered my lips. It was weird but refreshing at the same time.
Noah loved it. I'm thinking of trying peaches or vanilla bean next time.
Oh, and -- as you might have noticed in that last picture -- Noah's hair was getting long. With the heat outside and having a backyard in which to play now, we realized he was long overdue for a haircut.
Before (L) and After (R):
He looks much happier, right? I love those dimples!
I'm impressed with your furniture building skills! I bet it felt great to get them put together!
ReplyDelete