As we drove in the dark and I felt like Virginia would never end, Noah sat up. I thought he had been sleeping, but he informed me, "Mom, I've been praying."
Me: "Oh?"
Noah: "Yeah. I was thanking God for sending us to Tennessee and for us having a safe trip so far and not running out of gas and that we have a house there. With a backyard!"
Me: "That's great, sweetheart." (And that's all I could say or else I would have started bawling due to feeling emotional with the driving-away-from-MD part combined with having slept about an hour and a half.)
Noah: "Yeah, we should pray right now and thank God for more stuff, Momma."
So we did. I could go on about how he made me cry with his words and his heart, but -- really -- the thing that has impressed me over and over in thinking about his prayer is how he was thankful. There was no honey-do list for God; it was gratefulness for God's work and how he has richly provided for us. I hope to be continually reminded of this and think the same way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the dragonfly, I think this one has misguidedly found a soulmate in my car's antenna. I've seen it perched there at least three times. Yes, I know, it's weird ... but the dragonfly is also really beautiful.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Noah is loving that our garage is still full with boxes waiting to be broken down. It means he has a lot of room to play with his remote-controlled cars.
We've really been enjoying our backyard and playing out there. I think we've gone outside to play at least once every day.
I love how children can sometimes be so much wiser than their years...good job Noah in showing us how to be thankful in ALL circumstances! xxoo
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you all are settling in nicely! Love you guys! Heather S.
Ummmm....tearing up right now, too!
ReplyDelete